Get creative during lockdown
Community and Cultural Connections are inviting all Inner West locals to enter their lockdown creativity competition. The Creative Wellness at Home project hosts a range of simple, do-at-home creative activities to cure lockdown boredom, with the chance to win prizes. Weekly activities have been designed to promote mindfulness, creativity, cultural connection, and resilience as the pandemic continues to impact our communities.
Each week, there is a different activity to do with simple instructions. The activities are designed by qualified art therapists and resilience specialists to help participants stay mindful and connected. From mindful walking to drawing or listening to music, these activities incorporate physical movement, mindfulness, and cultural expression to promote holistic wellness and resilience during this challenging time.
Participants are encouraged to share what they’ve created, with an opportunity to win prizes. Full details of the competition are below.
To view the activities and to subscribe to receive weekly updates, go to creativeresilienceinnerwest.substack.com
The Creative Wellness at Home project is supported with funding from Inner West Council.
This competition is open to anyone who lives, works, or visits in the Inner West Council local government area.
- You may enter as many creative entries as you like.
- Entries are open from 13 September 2021 to 31st October 2021.
- Winners will be announced 16 November 2021.
- The entries will be judged by our panel of consulting artists and art therapists.
Guidelines for entries:
- Entries can be submitted in any creative format: photo, video, audio, multimedia, text (creative writing or poetry), drawing, craft, painting, or other art. Photos of artworks are acceptable. Entries should be accompanied by a short (1-2 sentence/s) statement. We welcome submissions in languages other than English.
- Entries should respond to any one of the weekly prompts from the Creative Wellness at Home project.
- Entries will be judged on their capacity to address any of the following themes: resilience, mindfulness, creativity, cultural connection.
- Entries are open to anyone who lives, works, or visits in the Inner West Council local government area.
First prize: $50 Coles Myer gift card
Second prize: $30 Coles Myer gift card
Third prize: $20 Coles Myer gift card
How to enter:
Email your entry to email@example.com. Include your full name, age (optional), and suburb. We will respond to confirm your entry.
For assistance with entering the competition, please contact Susan Chen 0470 593 207.